Monday we received our final shipment of book-making materials from Bookmakers, Inc. Once we finally determined exactly how many books we will be making, and how much of the supplies will be needed, we plunked down a hefty chunk of change to make it happen. This is a dream of ours: Micha’s beautiful photos+my handiwork= one amazing book (we hope!). We settled on 12 copies, 11 of which have been sold (possibly the twelfth, as well) before they are even made. Once we completed one copy, our first try, we were able to figure out how to improve it; now we’re using it as the “artist’s copy” to show friends what we’re doing, and that’s how we were able to sell what we intend to make.
The last weekend I was not working, we had every intention of cranking out the first complete copies that we could sell. What we turned out instead was one disaster after another. Amazing how badly things turned out, and amazing how calm we stayed! No one was hurt in the process! So, we ended up wasting some supplies, and spending more money than intended, but our goal is to get each copy right and make it as perfect as possible, as if it were professionally made. Ugh. It’s so not easy! A few days ago, however, we did it. We created the first three copies, in their entirety, without any mistakes. We were so thrilled, we treated ourselves to dinner (!!). Three down, nine more to go. Sigh. I have also come to realize that I had not yet taken a photo of the final, completed book, probably because the artist copy doesn’t really count for me. Too many flaws. So, here you go.
Not fancy, nothing award-winning. A simple way to showcase the photos my husband created that will be exhibited at the art museum beginning this August. I am one proud woman. More details on the exhibit will be coming soon; any questions about the book are welcome. Thanks for letting me share!